Sunday 30 September 2012

Tobias Alm

Tobias Alm was born 1985 in Stockholm, Sweden and studied jewellery design at Ädellab, Konstfack. He graduated in 2009, and since then has been working in a workshop/studio in Liljeholmen, central Stockholm.
Tobias works mostly in jewellery art, but his work extends to sculpture. Currently he is working on a series of sculptures that will soon be exhibited in Vevring, Norway. Last summer Tobias Alm launched a new series of jewellery, that will be exhibited in a series of solo shows in 2012.




http://www.tobiasalm.com/

“My creative process has lately not been much about words or concepts. It often starts with exploring a shape or a material, which starts a flow of creation and research.
I am fascinated by improvisational methods, and believe in their power to take me the places a linear logic process cannot.
In my work I materialize experiences. I pick up features from things that surround me, and let them get reshaped and combined in interesting ways.
In previous work I have been interested in things such as organic structures and contrasting combinations. Lately it seems like I am fabricating a history, giving the objects traces of experiences from the past. I’m investigating how shapes can show traces of diffuse functions and history.”
Tobias Alm June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment